Annapurna Base Camp trek - How can we choose a gooood trekking agency




Today, I will tell you how to choose a good trekking agency.

If you want to go trekking the Nepal Himalaya without a guide or porter,

you don't need to contact the trekking agency.

However, in my case, I needed someone who has much experience about trekking

A.B.C for two reasons.

1. I climbed the mountain A.B.C with my father who's in 60s.

2. I didn't have experience about high-altitude mountain.

So I decided to hire a guide and it was helpful because my father suffered from high

altitude sickness at the A.B.C.

Thanks to our guide, we could go down fast and safely.


Anyway, There are more than 500 trekking Companies in Nepal.

Thus, It is hard to choose a good, safe, and reliable agency and It's better to be

cheaper a porter or guide fee.

I used 'tripadvisor' app to select some agencies which were on top of the list in Pokara.

And, I sent a mail to ask reservation, guide fee, and some questions.

After sending and receiving mail several times, I selected one.

Please check this table that explains the difference between a porter and guide.

There are three types of guide.



Lastly, I recommend you to hire a porter or guide through an agency.

The reason is that if there's any problem with a porter or guide while trekking,

you have to take all responsibility for him or her.

But, If you hire a porter or guide through an agency, they can handle the problem

instead of you and help you by using their insurance.




Hope you can choose a good agency. Bye.

Comments

Popular Posts